PDA

View Full Version : A couple of rules questions regarding wierd transfering

Lord Tyrant peers
07-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Well i may aswell get straight to the crux of the matter.

In a game a while ago I was told that when a friendly model damages a warlock you can't transfer the damage. This caused me to draw a game rather win. However I took it on the chin and learned from my mistake.

Yesterday 2 people were playing a casual game after a tournament(we still had 2 hours left after our last game for the other 4 systems to finish) Cassius was on 2 damage and hellmouthed a cygnaran stormknight, hellmouth pulled in seige some druids some other cygnar chaff and cassius himself. cassius did no damage to seige but rolled 10 causing enough damage to kill him. At this point a number of us had gathered round to watch the game because it was pretty entertaining and we all pointed out that you couldn't transfer damage from that sort of attack. The primal rulebook just says "transfer damage" and doesn't specify as a source and now I feel a tad guilty (and belatedly aggrieved) so I was just wondering can you actually transfer friendly damage or was I duped and in turn did I cause a good player and great guy to lose a game?

Question 2. Bloodmark. transfer rules says you can't transfer damage to a model that can't be transferred to. Does bloodmark over ride this or can you not transfer to jacks/warcaster/warlocks ect

Celeb
07-23-2012, 01:16 AM
Question 1:
Yes, the warlock can transfer the incoming damage from friendly attacks.

Question 2:
Bloodmark makes the model cast on to a target you can transfer on. So you can transfer to Jacks, Casters, Solos, Locks etc. if Bloodmark is on them.

Lord Tyrant peers
07-23-2012, 02:31 AM
Thanks Celeb! props to you for a speedy answer

ajay29
07-23-2012, 03:34 AM
Pretty sure you can't transfer friendly attacks, otherwise you could bloodmark the enemy caster then get Molik to combo-strike Rasheth in the face and autowin...
BUT I can't for the life of me find a reference sorry....

Celeb
07-23-2012, 03:48 AM
Taht wouldnt work, because Blood Mark states you can only transfer damage from an enemy attack. so the limitation here is just the wording of the spell not the transfer mechanic itself.

ajay29
07-23-2012, 04:15 AM
Taht wouldnt work, because Blood Mark states you can only transfer damage from an enemy attack. so the limitation here is just the wording of the spell not the transfer mechanic itself.

Ah my bad, for some reason I had in my head that you couldnt transfer friendly damage... weird.