PDA

View Full Version : Colossals Release Event Question

niceas
07-23-2012, 08:57 AM
One of the Glorious Deeds for the Colossals Release Event is to:

"Cause an Enemy Warcaster to suffer collateral damage from the Sanctuary: 1 point" - page 2, Colossals Release Event

The Sanctuary itself is a 120mm obstruction in the centre of the table.

Since the Sanctuary itself is immobile (being an obstruction), how does the Sanctuary cause collateral damage?

My understanding was that you caused collateral damage by slamming or throwing a model into another model, and it was the model that the slammed model passed through OR the model hit by the thrown model that suffered collateral damage, not the model slammed or thrown. If that is true, then how can you slam/throw an obstruction?

SageofLodoss
07-23-2012, 09:01 AM
One of the Glorious Deeds for the Colossals Release Event is to:

"Cause an Enemy Warcaster to suffer collateral damage from the Sanctuary: 1 point" - page 2, Colossals Release Event

The Sanctuary itself is a 120mm obstruction in the centre of the table.

Since the Sanctuary itself is immobile (being an obstruction), how does the Sanctuary cause collateral damage?

My understanding was that you caused collateral damage by slamming or throwing a model into another model, and it was the model that the slammed model passed through OR the model hit by the thrown model that suffered collateral damage, not the model slammed or thrown. If that is true, then how can you slam/throw an obstruction?

I was told by the Press Ganger at our first Colossals Release Event that throwing/slamming the enemy warcaster into the sanctuary is what did it. The collateral it is refering to is the additional die of damage the sancutary is adding to the slam/throw damage roll for colliding with a model of same or greater base size or an obstruction.

niceas
07-23-2012, 09:24 AM
I was told by the Press Ganger at our first Colossals Release Event that throwing/slamming the enemy warcaster into the sanctuary is what did it. The collateral it is refering to is the additional die of damage the sancutary is adding to the slam/throw damage roll for colliding with a model of same or greater base size or an obstruction.

If that's the case, great. It caused a lot of confusion at our event. Ultimately that was the decision the EO came to.