PDA

View Full Version : Is the Kraken a Helljack or just a Warjack?

Jake the Dog
07-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Basically will it gain benefits a Helljack would get, like the point reduction in Mortenebra's Theme list.

Northern Ronin
07-23-2012, 09:33 PM
The Kraken does not have the Helljack type listed, thus it is not. No 18 Point Krakkens!

Tyrant-Maybe
07-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Don't speak too soon, The Ret Collossal got Infernal'd to be a myrmidon, so I don't see why this wouldn't follow suit.

EDIT: Not disagreeing with you though, for now it's just a warjack.

quindraco
07-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Don't speak too soon, The Ret Collossal got Infernal'd to be a myrmidon, so I don't see why this wouldn't follow suit.

EDIT: Not disagreeing with you though, for now it's just a warjack.

Helljack implies heavy warjack, and we know for certain the Kraken is not a heavy warjack, so it cannot be a helljack. The Infernal ruling you refer to did not violate an existing rule, it added an absent one; I am very skeptical they would do an override here.

The Captain
07-24-2012, 03:30 AM
Helljack implies heavy warjack, and we know for certain the Kraken is not a heavy warjack, so it cannot be a helljack. The Infernal ruling you refer to did not violate an existing rule, it added an absent one; I am very skeptical they would do an override here.

Technically the Infernal ruling didn't even add anything, but simply clarified how page 31 ("So, You Gotta Be Different") should be read. The same page very explicitly says that "Cryx heavy warjacks are known as helljacks". Kraken is not a Cryx heavy warjack (because it's a Colossal, which, by definition in Colossals, p. 20, are warjacks but not light or heavy warjacks), hence it is not a helljack.

DemonCalibre
07-24-2012, 06:32 AM
Didn't they rule that Hyperion is a Myrmidon

Crate123
07-24-2012, 06:40 AM
Didn't they rule that Hyperion is a Myrmidon

They did but that doesnt really translate to this case.
Every other theme list (I believe) that reduces the price of heavies specifically mention Heavy Warjacks, there is no reason that this should be any different thus Mortenebra would not get a reduced price on the Kraken.
The Kraken is not a helljack.

Valander
07-24-2012, 06:44 AM
Technically the Infernal ruling didn't even add anything, but simply clarified how page 31 ("So, You Gotta Be Different") should be read. The same page very explicitly says that "Cryx heavy warjacks are known as helljacks". Kraken is not a Cryx heavy warjack (because it's a Colossal, which, by definition in Colossals, p. 20, are warjacks but not light or heavy warjacks), hence it is not a helljack.
Correct on all counts.

Jake the Dog
07-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Correct on all counts.

That settles that. :)