PDA

View Full Version : eCaine - Charging/Casting/Shooting.

Bennett
07-24-2012, 06:03 AM
I had a situation come up during a game the other day that was a bit confusing and wondered if anyone could shed some light on it, appoligies if this has come up before, but I did a search a couldnt find any posts that fully answered my questions.

My opponent was using the eCaine, during Caine's activation my opponent had him charge a friendly model, but before the charge attack was made, cast the spell 'Gatecrasher'. Then after the spell allowed my opponent to move Caine, he shot my Warcaster Reznik (Lucky for me he fluffed his attacked and a Crusader turned around and sqaushed Craine, but thats going off subject).

My questions are as follows:

1. Does Caine have to attack the friendly model before he can cast any spells, or can he cast immediatley after the movement part of his charge is resolved?

2. Does Caine's activation end after leaving the melee range of the charged model? (I am sure I read this somewhere in the charging rules?

3. Assuming Caine is allowed to cast 'Gatecrasher' before his initial attack, are his intial attacks wasted in the charge action and he would have to spend focus to make additional attacks?

Thanks Bennett.

Crate123
07-24-2012, 06:11 AM
1: He can cast between ending his charge move and making his charge attack, thus not being able to make his attack against his own model.
2: No, as long as his movement ends with him in melee range of his charge target he is good to go.
3: No he would not lose his initial attacks. Normally he would lose his charge bonus (boosted damage roll) but since he never gets one with Gunfighter he doesnt lose anything.

Remember, if he uses Gatecrasher then he can only make Gunfighter attacks for the rest of the activation thus if he doesnt end up in melee with your warcaster then he can not attack him.

Bennett
07-24-2012, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the clarification.