PDA

View Full Version : Question on base size and tournaments

McMortison
07-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Today my Vlad3 arrived together with a resin base I orderd. Now I found out that the base is in 60mm and not in 50mm.

Is this a problem? Is it ok to use this base for models you want to use in tournaments? I couldnt find anything in the rulebooks about this.

Thanks for your help
Sven

NChomsky3d
07-24-2012, 09:03 AM
I'd say no, as a lot of his abilities derive from the edge of a base. An extra centimeter in base diameter may not seem like much, but would definitely give you a competitive edge that wouldn't be fair.

quindraco
07-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Today my Vlad3 arrived together with a resin base I orderd. Now I found out that the base is in 60mm and not in 50mm.

Is this a problem? Is it ok to use this base for models you want to use in tournaments? I couldnt find anything in the rulebooks about this.

Thanks for your help
Sven

Yes, it is a problem. As always, what the TO says goes, but in standard rules, lVlad is on a 50 mm base, and any other base size is illegal.

Valander
07-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Models must be on the base sizes indicated in their rules. Large bases are 50mm, so any model that is supposed to be on a large base must be on a 50mm round base. Any TO that would allow otherwise is not running a "legal" event.

Height, scenic details, etc., typically do not matter, but the base diameter must be correct.

LEJ
07-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Does this apply to PPs metal bases? The sales blurb says they are for WM/Hordes but people with them are claiming they are different sized by several mm.

Valander
07-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Does this apply to PPs metal bases? The sales blurb says they are for WM/Hordes but people with them are claiming they are different sized by several mm.
The small metal bases I have are the same size as the plastic small bases I have. If they happen to be significantly different, I'd contact PP and send pictures, because they are supposed to be the same.