PDA

View Full Version : Frenzy and fury removal

Pinegulf
07-25-2012, 01:12 AM
... and is no longer frenzied, and you can remove any number of fury points from it. Does this mean 1) any number that owner decides or 2) as much as possible till beast has none left? (Comparing the language to drag tactical tip.)

Saraminss
07-25-2012, 01:24 AM
I have always taken it to mean as much as you choose

vintersbastard
07-25-2012, 02:06 AM
Does this mean 1) any number that owner decides or 2) as much as possible till beast has none left? (Comparing the language to drag tactical tip.)

Since it says "any", not "all", I would assume it to mean owner's choice. Things like this are the reason why I'm not at all happy with the Drag wording.

Binz
07-25-2012, 02:19 AM
It says "Any Number". As with other such cases, this is any number you choose that is valid.

For example, "Puppet Master" you may reroll any number of dice. So that is 0 to however many dice you rolled.

Hjelmen0
07-25-2012, 05:06 AM
As with other such cases, this is any number you choose that is valid.Not exactly. As the OP, actually quite relevantly, asks: Does "any number" mean the same in this rule as it does in the Drag rule. And in this case, "any number" is ambiguous, because here it means "any number that the player chooses", while in Drag it means "any number necessary to drag the target into base contact".

mo8ius
07-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Not exactly. As the OP, actually quite relevantly, asks: Does "any number" mean the same in this rule as it does in the Drag rule. And in this case, "any number" is ambiguous, because here it means "any number that the player chooses", while in Drag it means "any number necessary to drag the target into base contact".

Since the rule states 'remove' and I don't think you can remove more than the beast has on it, then the difference between the two meanings seems to be negligible in this case

Rynth
07-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Since the rule states 'remove' and I don't think you can remove more than the beast has on it, then the difference between the two meanings seems to be negligible in this case

But "any number" in the cool down could be 1 fury out of 4 but "any number" in Drag can never be anything less than the distance to bring the model into b2b with something.

Valander
07-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Checking...

LunarSol
07-25-2012, 05:33 PM
But "any number" in the cool down could be 1 fury out of 4 but "any number" in Drag can never be anything less than the distance to bring the model into b2b with something.

I assume its "any number" in the same sense that Conditioning and similar abilities let you add or subtract "any number" of Fury.

Pinegulf
08-05-2012, 01:09 AM
I hope this question has not been forgotten. :(

TheUnknownMercenary
08-05-2012, 02:22 AM
Please do not bump threads, Valander is checking on this and will post when he has the answer.

Valander
09-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Answer is that you may remove zero to N Fury when you Frenzy, where N is the number of Fury on the warbeast.

Intent was verified.