PDA

View Full Version : Just confirming that there isn't any screening bonus in Mk II, correct?

Ashanderi
07-25-2012, 11:35 AM
I played a lot more mark I and kinda fell out of the game for a while. I am trying to get back into it, and after playing a couple of games screening came up. I couldn't find it in the mark II rules however so I am wondering if the +2 def for screening has been removed. If this is the case, you can shoot anyone without penalty as long as you can draw an unobstructed line from part to the attacking model to part of the target model? (unless of course the model you're attacking is larger than the model obstructing the target?) Is that pretty accurate? It came up in the last game I played.

Edit: one of my sentences didn't make sense, they still might not make sense.

quindraco
07-25-2012, 11:37 AM
I played a lot more mark I and kinda fell out of the game for a while. I am trying to get back into it, and after playing a couple of games screening came up. I couldn't find it in the mark II rules however so I am wondering if the +2 def for screening has been removed. If this is the case, you can shoot anyone without penalty as long as you can draw an unobstructed line from part to the attacking model to part of the target model? (unless of course the model you're attacking is larger than the model obstructing the target?) Is that pretty accurate? It came up in the last game I played.

Edit: one of my sentences didn't make sense, they still might not make sense.

This is accurate: intervening models can block LOS, but do not provide any bonus to DEF.

Ghost Rider
07-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Correct. They got rid of screening bonuses from other models that used to be a rule in Mark I. Now a model either blocks line of sight or it does not, no more DEF bonus for having part of your base blocked by another model.