PDA

View Full Version : Quick KD/Standing up clarification

baronvonchaos
07-26-2012, 06:53 AM
When a model is knocked down, it doesn't lose its facing. When a model stands up, can it choose its facing? My answer is no. Because facing is part of movement and if you forfeit your movement to stand and attack, modifying facing would be a movement and thus by default forfeit your action.

Happened in a game last night, and it was too close to my LGS closing time to look up and rules lawyer things.

Crate123
07-26-2012, 07:02 AM
It used to be that way in MKI I believe. In MKII you keep your facing when knocked down and you keep the same facing when stand up. You would have tomove to change facing after that.

Saraminss
07-26-2012, 07:12 AM
this should be easy to do as you are not supposed to actually lay your kd'd model down but put a KD marker by it.

baronvonchaos
07-26-2012, 09:14 AM
this should be easy to do as you are not supposed to actually lay your kd'd model down but put a KD marker by it.
Our LGS has some pretty proficient painters. :) We wouldn't lay models down...ever... KD tokens work fine. I had a guy stand up and want to change facing to get at a model that had charged into its back arc. Turning to face would have put all the models in its front arc (giving it more targets to swing at) and I couldn't prove "no" so we let it go. only 1 other guy died.

In Mk2 facing is kept whether you're knocked down or standing up. Changing facing requires movement.