PDA

View Full Version : hidden models

zyxx
07-28-2012, 07:37 AM
ok, i have a friend who like to hide models... for instance Kossite woodsmen.. when he plays someone, he like to keep them hidden, like in his bag or in another room...

now, i know you can look at your opponents cards, but is there anything about "hidden Models"? when i play him... should i ask to see his list every time i play.. or ask what he has hidden? do i really need to go that far when i play someone?

Valander
07-28-2012, 07:40 AM
You can look at your opponent's list at any time during the game. This includes models that may not be on the table at the time for whatever reason.

In short, there is no rule for secret lists or models. There is no such thing as a "hidden model" in the game in the way that you are describing.

Saraminss
07-28-2012, 07:52 AM
How are they hidden? Are they reserves? If not how is he not deploying them?

Or is this before deployment? Once your points are agreed on and lists built they are open for your opponent to see

Mustakrakish
07-28-2012, 08:18 AM
Kossites have the Ambush rule which let them come in later in the game (They don't have to be deployed normally at the start of the game.) That makes sense to not have them deployed before the game starts. As you said, you may look at his cards so you know what he is playing during the game, but there are plenty of times where I will make a list, hand it over to the player then go out to my car and fill a tournament board with all my models for the game (instead of toting all that stuff inside)

we need more information....

tuttleboy
07-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Point your friend in the direction of Page 5 and then the section of "Sportsmanship and Sharing Information". The second bit is on page 10 of the mini rule book.

...and tell it not be a dookie head.

zyxx
07-28-2012, 11:38 AM
When i say "hidden", i mean that he does not have them out with the rest of his army... he keeps the models in his bag or in a different room... then put all the cards out in front of him, with the woodsman card under other cards...

Falkman
07-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Then he is being a ridiculously bad sportsman, why are you even playing the dude? Just ask to see his list before the game, he has to show you that the Kossites are a part of it.

Grimz
07-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Wow, he is being a realy bad sportsman. *Edit: had an other word that the forum did not like here before :D

Then he is being a ridiculously bad sportsman, why are you even playing the dude? Just ask to see his list before the game, he has to show you that the Kossites are a part of it.

And if he does not show you the "hidden" models card he cannot put them on the table once the game has started, or he will loose the game on the grounds of withholding information.

In this game withholding information = cheating