PDA

View Full Version : pSorcha feat against defensive stryke

freelancerebel
08-06-2012, 12:12 AM
I played a game the other day and my opponent was playing pSorcha. I was playing mercs and had rocinante next to my caster which sorcha was trying to hit. He charged my jack then used her feat before her first attack. I stated that my warjack had defensive strike but my opponent said he could not use it because he was frozen. It doesn't really make sense to me because the card says when models end their movement and enter his attack range the warjack can immediately make a strike against that model. I do not know the break down of the subsequences in between movement feats etc to know the answer to this. Help appreciated.

psichotykwyrm
08-06-2012, 12:22 AM
An effect that triggers "at the end of movement" would trigger exactly then, which would resolve before any attack, spell, or feat could be used.

lobachevskii
08-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Use of a feat cannot interrupt movement. So Sorcha must have ended movement before the feat was used. Since Defensive Strike triggers on ending movement it will resolve before she can use the feat, in the example you describe.

However if she uses the feat before she starts movement, and Roccinante is affected by it, then Roccinante would be stationary when she ends movement and thus would be unable to attack.

freelancerebel
08-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Okay thanks for the answers guys, that's what I thought.