PDA

View Full Version : rule help karchev, devastator and power attacks

fattmann69
02-21-2010, 03:01 PM
hello as title stats i am in need of some help.
i play karchev 90% of the time and take along devastator for the nice little caster killing move with rain of death. my question is if i use unearthly rage do i get the boosted damaged dice for the rain of death attck?
i have always played it with out but would like to know if this attack is classed as a melee attack?
also i would like to know if a power attack can be made after a charge?
the rules state "a model cannot make a power attack as its charge attack"
i am in the understanding that you can make the power attack but you will not get the boosted dice bonus you would normally recieve from the charge.
oh abd also i made an double handed throw power attack against a model with a repulser sheild. the model was trown 6" and then i was told i i get pushed back 1". is this right? i was no where near the model aftewr the attack so how could the repulser shield have worked?
can you please shed some light on these.
thanks

Jamie P
02-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Rain of death is not a melee attack

You can not make a power attack as part of a charge

You get pushed back 1 inch whenever you make a melee attack against a functional repulsor shield (unless said attack disables the shield). A double handed throw is a melee attack regardless of whether the repulsor is close to you or not at the end of it. (if you really want a fluff reason just imagine the jack getting hit really hard instead of being 'picked up' and thus the attacker gets repulsed) The same applies for a slam etc.

nachtnebel
02-21-2010, 03:23 PM
1. Rain of Death is not a melee attack
2. You can't make power attacks if you charge
3. Yes, you would get pushed back

/edit
2late

Kommissar Golovko
02-21-2010, 03:26 PM
hello as title stats i am in need of some help.
i play karchev 90% of the time and take along devastator for the nice little caster killing move with rain of death. my question is if i use unearthly rage do i get the boosted damaged dice for the rain of death attck?

i have always played it with out but would like to know if this attack is classed as a melee attack?

No, Rain of Death is not a melee attack.

also i would like to know if a power attack can be made after a charge?
the rules state "a model cannot make a power attack as its charge attack"
i am in the understanding that you can make the power attack but you will not get the boosted dice bonus you would normally recieve from the charge.

No, you cannot make a power attack as a charge attack as the rule you mentioned says.

oh abd also i made an double handed throw power attack against a model with a repulser sheild. the model was trown 6" and then i was told i i get pushed back 1". is this right? i was no where near the model aftewr the attack so how could the repulser shield have worked?
can you please shed some light on these.
thanks

Repulsor Shield states: "When this model is hit with a melee attack made by a model in its front arc, after the attack is resolved the attacking model is
pushed 1˝ directly away from this model."

I'm thinking you don't get pushed 1" back not because you're not anywhere near the model after the attack. You don't get pushed back because Throws are done using melee attack roll and is different from being a melee attack. I could be mistaken about this however.

From the Double Hand Throw rules:

"The attacking model makes a melee attack roll against its target."

nachtnebel
02-21-2010, 03:31 PM
@Throws
Throws are melee attacks (Prime, p 51, "Power Attack")

BurlyBastard
02-21-2010, 03:33 PM
1.Rain of death is not a melee weapon, it is a *special attack* So No.
2.Power attacks "page 49 or 51" will tell you no.

3. Repel - When this model is hit with a melee attack made by a model in its front arc, after the attack is resolved the attacking model is pushed.

Double-handed throw - The attacking model makes a melee attack roll against its target. If the attack hits, the target rolls a d6 and adds its current STR.

I personally would so no to the repel. but rules look like after the throw is done you'd be pushed back a 1'

vintersbastard
02-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Regarding Repel: Power attacks are melee attacks, as written on p.49. Therefore, the jack gets pushed after the resolution of the throw. Distance between the two models is of no importance.

fattmann69
02-21-2010, 05:43 PM
thanks guys that cleared a lot up for me :)