PDA

View Full Version : Charging and Bonus Movement

Lythari
08-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Now, this may seem a bit of a silly question, but does normal movement bonuses effect how far you can charge?

The reason I ask is because under charging it says you move Speed + 3", but there are spells/animi out there (such as rush) that simply add to movement, and not directly to speed. I've done much forum searching on this, which leads me to believe I am just reading too far into this, but I figured it was worth asking.

Thanks!

Iff
08-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Yep, a charge is a movement, so you benefit from any bonus to movement. A bonus that adds +2" move would have the same effect on a charge move as a bonus that would add +2 SPD.

Lythari
08-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Alright, thanks! That's all I wanted to know!

Lanz
08-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Yes, movement bonuses and speed bonuses will effect how far you charge.

The difference between movement and speed is that movement will give you a fixed boost during your normal movement, whereas speed will improve your actual speed stat and anything that involves it.

So, for example, a speed 4 model with a +2 movement buff could charge 9" (4 + 2 + 3) and run 10" (4 + 4 +2), but that same model with a +2 speed buff would have speed 6 instead of speed 4, and would still charge 9" (6 + 3) but would now run 12" (6 + 6).

So yes, they are different effects but both will let you charge further.