PDA

View Full Version : Covering Fire Question

RMH420
08-21-2012, 06:37 PM
If I put covering fire templates behind an opponents units, then have my ATGMs shoot to push the enemy back into the covering fire templates, does the enemy take the pow 12s? I've seen a few people on here talking about doing things like that, but I'm not positive, so I'm asking before I try it.

juckto
08-21-2012, 06:46 PM
"When a model enters or ends their activation within ..."

They entered it. They take damage. (In fact you could pull them out and push them back to do damage again.)

Photon
08-21-2012, 10:35 PM

If you push or pull them in and out of the cloud its still not "their activation" so no they wont take damage

rick17126
08-21-2012, 11:18 PM

If you push or pull them in and out of the cloud its still not "their activation" so no they wont take damage
I do believe it's two separate conditions due to the use of the or:

Entering the area is one situation where they take damage, ending their activation in the area is second separate situation where they take damage.

Sheer_Falacy
08-21-2012, 11:39 PM

Those are two separate triggers. "Enters" goes off if you get pushed in, "ends their activation within" won't, but that still means they take damage.

Bishop84
08-22-2012, 12:59 AM

Something can't "Enter its activation" so "Enter" is obviously a separate trigger from "end activation".

Karl Eller
08-22-2012, 01:19 AM
The rulebook has a pretty clear definition as to what "entering" means, which should clear up the trigger conditions. Can't remember the page number off the top of my head, but look in the index for "enter".

Edit: Warmachine Prime Page 64:

ENTERING
A model enters an area when it's previous position in play changes such that it's previous position was not within the area and its new position is within the area, or when it is put into play in the area. A model can suffer the effects of entering any particular area only once each time it advances

Literally anything that moves/places the model into the AoE will cause it to take the effects.

poeticruse
08-22-2012, 03:54 AM
Karl, and the rulebook from which he quotes, are correct.