PDA

View Full Version : question about storm pod placement timing

0ldsk00l
08-31-2012, 12:32 PM
I have tried searching this on the forums, but my search-fu is weak.

If Stormwall uses "activate lightning pod," is he required to do so before taking his combat action, or may he place it anytime after the movement, up until the end of his activation? The wording of the ability only specifies "...after it's normal movement..." I would assume that if the intent was to have the pod occur after movement, but before combat action, this would have been made explicit in the wording. (i.e. "...but before taking it's combat action..." or "...Immediately after it's normal movement...") However, where I play, the consensus seems to be that the pod placement MUST happen in the point of activation, after the movement, but before the combat action, otherwise the pod placement is forfeit.

Is there already a standing ruling on this matter? And if not, how should this be played?

Lanz
08-31-2012, 12:37 PM
I've always played it as after normal movement, but now that you mention it, I suppose it's not 100% clear that it's only after movement.

It also makes me wonder if the Stormwall can run and still launch a pod. I guess the wording gave me the impression that the pod launch was part of movement, but it does just say 'after' so I guess not.

vintersbastard
08-31-2012, 01:16 PM
Answer is:

Verified that intent is "any time after movement." so feel free to place it some time during the combat action.

Placing after running is a no go, since the Stormwall's activation ends immediatly. You don't get to do anything after running, ever.

PS: If the search function eliminates some common terms, just place the search in " ", and you're fine.

TheUnknownMercenary
08-31-2012, 01:20 PM
anytime after movement

For Lanz,

If the Stormwall runs after it runs its activation ends before it gets the chance to activate a lightning pod.