PDA

View Full Version : Model Slammed into a linear obstacle (wall)

Halfhoot
09-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Okay I just want to make sure I'm not crazy here... I have been playing since the start of Mk II and anyone I've ever played against has played it where if you slam a model into a wall (linear obstacle), the slammed model stops and takes an extra die of damage.

I played a game last night where the guy says that was a MK I rule and that nowadays you get slammed over the wall. I know you get thrown over walls... but I've never heard it where the wall does not stop the slammed model.

I don't have my book with me or I'd look it up. So the question is, if you slam a model and that model hits a linear obstacle, does it stop and take an extra die of damage or does it continue over the obstacle if able with no extra damage die?

Valander
09-07-2012, 01:46 PM
A slammed model moves at half rate through rough terrain, suffers any damaging effects through which it passes, and stops if it contacts an obstacle, an obstruction, or a model with an equal or larger- sized base.
Add an additional die to the damage roll if the slammed model contacts an obstacle, an obstruction, or a model with an equal or larger- sized base.
A linear obstacle is still an obstacle. Not a Mk I rule change, either.