PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions from my games tonight

Dabogimp
09-15-2012, 06:02 PM
hello I came up with 3 questions during my games this evening.

1) If a warjack has no arms (both destroyed) can he still slam? and how would the rolls work if he can.

2) if a model is blocked by someone and hasn't moved for his activation can he swing once at a target kill it (infantry) then spend a focus and charge?

3) i have the battle box so if scorsha casts her cloud and i get my warjack inside it do her allys inside the cloud still get the bonus once i enter the cloud?

thanks for any info and sorry if i did the post incorrectly.

Natetehaggresar
09-15-2012, 06:12 PM
1. Slams are not linked to weapon systems. The effects for a crippled weapon system is to roll 1 less die for attack and damage with those weapons. Since the rules for crippled systems don't cover slams. Slams work as normal.

2. No. Models do their movement then their action barring any other special rules. To attack the blocking model it would need to make an attack, which happens during the models combat action. The models movement has passed, and therefore cannot declare a charge.

3. Fog of war states that "while within" sorcha's control radius models (friendly and enemy) gain concealment. The important language is the "while within" portion. Anytime the spell is active, and the model fulfills the requirement, then they gain the benefit. This is contrasted to language in spells that say "models currently within." The currently within language indicates that you check for the condition at the time the ability is used. Only the models that qualify at that time are affected by the spell.

4. The rules forum likes to have different questions in different threads. So in the future just start a new thread for each question you have.

MagnustheJust
09-16-2012, 06:54 AM
1. Slams are not linked to weapon systems. The effects for a crippled weapon system is to roll 1 less die for attack and damage with those weapons. Since the rules for crippled systems don't cover slams. Slams work as normal.

This is not entirely correct. Slams are linked to movement. If your warjack's movement is out, it can not slam.

Bishop84
09-17-2012, 10:18 AM
This is not entirely correct. Slams are linked to movement. If your warjack's movement is out, it can not slam.

No, Natetehaggresar is 100% correct in what he said. He said slams are not linked to weapon systems, which they are not.

Pointing out that slams are linked to the movement system is useful extra information, but wasn't part of the original question.