PDA

View Full Version : New England - MK2 tryout tournament - 12/5/09

Snakeman
11-29-2009, 07:21 AM
That's right, HORDES MK2 is here in field test form, so we've got all we need to hold our first full mixed MK2 tournament. Come on down to the Bunker and give MK2 a full tournament thrashing. Here are the details:

Date/Time: Saturday, December 5th, 2009 - register at 10am first game at 11am
Location: The Hobby Bunker - 33 Exchange St. Malden, MA 02148 781-321-8855 or www.hobbybunker.com (http://www.hobbybunker.com)
Format: mixed WM/HORDES MK2 - 35points, 2 lists per player. Killbox will be the scenario for all rounds
Cost: $10 registration fee per player
Prizes: store gift certificates for top players and maybe a few others based on attendance

For those who haven't seen it yet, Killbox is a scenario we'll be using a bit at TempleCon 2010. Basically, there is a square area centered on the center of the table with sides parallel to the table edges. The box is 24 inches across - in other words, 12 inches out from any table edge. Starting on turn 3, a player automatically loses the game if he ends his turn with his warcaster not completely within the killbox. The other victory condition is to kill the opponent's warcaster/lock.

Sevwall
11-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Madrak will be there to smash faces.

Jarred, you were saying somehting about circle? ;)

Hacksaw76
11-30-2009, 08:54 AM
I will be there :)

mellchia
12-01-2009, 01:52 PM
I may try to get a crew up for it...that's this weekend, je?

Sevwall, will you already be up there or do you want to try to carpool?

Snakeman
12-01-2009, 06:33 PM

That would be great if you could join us and bring a few folks. We're a very hospitable crew and always like to have new opponents. Yes, it is this weekend. Guess I better print off some registration forms....

Jestor
12-02-2009, 05:52 AM
Hey Paul, any decision on which Merc rules you are using? I mean, I understand that mercs are so good that we aren't currently able to play but maybe we can change that a bit ;)

CT GAMER
12-02-2009, 05:56 AM
Hey Paul, any decision on which Merc rules you are using? I mean, I understand that mercs are so good that we aren't currently able to play but maybe we can change that a bit ;)

Are you still crying about contracts?

You mercs are so sensitive...

I'd say if there are no current official MKII contracts then you can play any merc in your list you want.

Snakeman
12-02-2009, 07:07 AM

Running to meeting at the moment. Answer by the end of the day, I promise.

CT GAMER
12-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Running to meeting at the moment. Answer by the end of the day, I promise.

Tell Jestor he can play the old contracts but he has to wear a funny hat...

Jestor
12-02-2009, 10:33 AM
You realize I can hear you right?

BTW, saw the weather report (or several of them) and some are predict slight flurries and one source predicted up over a foot of snow for Saturday :(

Sevwall
12-02-2009, 11:07 AM

I'm not in NJ permanently yet til mid January. So no car pool :(.

I think the reccommeded procedure is to use Field Test Contracts.

Snakeman
12-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Tell Jestor he can play the old contracts but he has to wear a funny hat...

I like the funny hat idea. However, to make it official, I don't think I'll include that particular house rule. ;)

As for mercenaries here's my work-around for the event: the mercenary contracts as outlined in the WM MK2 field test document are to be used. These are:

Four Star - can include any mercenary models that will work for Cryx or Khador plus Rupert Carvolo and Sam MacHorne and the Devil Dogs

Highborn Covenant - can include any mercenary models that will work for Cygnar but may not include Boomhowler or any other trollkin model and all solos in the army gain advance deployment.

Searforge Commission - may include any Rhulic or Ogrun mercenary models, all non-character models/units have their FA increased by 1, Rhulic units gain advance deployment

Magnus' Agenda - Must include Magnus and his battle group, can include Boomhowler, Croe's Cutthroats, Gorman di Wulfe, Kell Bailoch, Orin Midwinter, any Idrian models, and any Steelhead models. May include a single unit of Cygnar Trenchers or Long Gunners (but not attachments or weapon crews).

Talion Charter - Can include Shae, any Privateer mercenary models/units, and any mercenary warjacks. May include the Commodore Cannon only if Shae is in the army. Gains +1 to the starting game roll. After both players completely deploy but before the first turn, may redeploy 1 model/unit anywhere it could legally have been deployed initially.

Any mercenary models/units not covered above or released after the playtest document - follow the rules on the card. If there's no clear rule on the card, it's at my discretion, so ask me.

Devilsquid
12-03-2009, 08:26 AM
I'll be there with the MDC, keeping the Roads safe for travel.

Paul, what time are you heading to the Bunker? I might show up at your house early and follow you down if'n you don't mind.

Snakeman
12-03-2009, 12:17 PM
I'll be there with the MDC, keeping the Roads safe for travel.

Paul, what time are you heading to the Bunker? I might show up at your house early and follow you down if'n you don't mind.

I don't mind at all. Be glad to see you again too. I plan on heading over to the Bunker at 9:30 or a few minutes before that to set up. If it's looking close, give me a call on my cell.

I've got some special surprises (no, not that kind! :eek:) lined up for this event that should please everyone.

GunMageinTraining
12-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Bah, torture me more...

I know I'm a softy, but the 2 hour ride to get to the store is too painful for me :(.

Jestor
12-03-2009, 01:21 PM
You're closer then I am, or the NJ crew for that matter ;)

GunMageinTraining
12-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Point...

yet it's still 2 + [Traffic] hours.

I don't wake up that early on Saturdays.

mellchia
12-03-2009, 01:32 PM
We'll see if I make it. I'm proposing it tonight at our league, keeping one eye on the weather.

Devilsquid
12-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Bah, torture me more...

I know I'm a softy, but the 2 hour ride to get to the store is too painful for me :(.

Softie. I'm driving down from MAINE. Land of wilderness, moose and snow!

MAINE!

Hacksaw76
12-04-2009, 05:02 AM
Can I entice more attendees by stating that we will no longer be limiting the scenarios to Killbox? In fact we will be testing some new scenarios that will be hitting the bigtime in 2010 ;)

Jestor
12-04-2009, 06:14 AM
Gunmage, I drive right through Middletown on my way up from Woodbury if you need a ride ;)

mellchia
12-04-2009, 07:42 AM
Hacksaw, I'd rather just play Killbox. Makes it nice and simple for the first go around...

Snakeman
12-04-2009, 08:54 AM
If it makes a difference to those softies worried about the weather, the last weather report I saw for Malden said clouds with a chance of rain overnight. That ain't hardly nothing.

CT GAMER
12-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Gunmage, I drive right through Middletown on my way up from Woodbury if you need a ride ;)

Gunmage be very afraid...;)

Jestor
12-04-2009, 09:17 AM
It's only Harrassment if you don't enjoy it...

GunMageinTraining
12-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Lol...

Nah, thanks for the offer but I gota pass on this one. Stuff to do.

Sevwall
12-04-2009, 11:16 AM
The Searforge only give rhulic models Advance Move, not Advance Deploy.

mellchia
12-04-2009, 11:30 AM
This is my confirmation that I and I alone will be the only true NJ SOB showing to this tournament.

People are such pansies.

Jestor
12-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Or they realize that you have enough powerhouse to bring down New England all by yourself and that, by showing up, they would be overloading Mass with too much Jersey :)

xbanditsx
12-04-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm planning to be there, but being a new player I only have enough models for a single 35pt list. Is that a problem? Also, do I need to bring copies of my list(s)?

Sevwall
12-04-2009, 01:05 PM
You only need one list, its fine.

You might want to bring a copy of the list, because you need to write your list down on the sign in sheet. But I don't think its strictly necessary.

If it is, you could just borrow a sheet of paper when you get there.

Jestor
12-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks for hosting guys :) It was a great time and I had alot of fun. See yall next year!

CT GAMER
12-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks for hosting guys :) It was a great time and I had alot of fun. See yall next year!

Results?

Inquiring minds...

Sevwall
12-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Calandra is broken. That is all you need to know. ;)

mellchia
12-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Sevwall handed it to us without rolling dice. That's all you need to know.

It was great coming up and seeing everyone. Maybe next time I can cajole more SOB's to come with me.