PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand about flying gator please help me

dinkbell
10-27-2012, 07:03 PM
First of all, I'm sorry about my poor english skill.:)

* Angry face is my mistake. but I can't do that how changing face after wrote it.
*Similarly, can't erase previous post 'I'... :(

I think Jeremiah Kraye 'can't do Flying tactics because of following rule.

MK-II, p64 - 'Knockdown' : A knocked down model can stand up at the start of its next activation unless it was knocked down during its controller's turn; in that case it cannot stand up until its controller's next turn even if it has not yet activated this turn.

Mk-II, p54 - 'Being thrown' : If a thrown model cannot be knocked down it must still forfeit its action or movement if it activates later in a turn in which it was thrown.

Mk-II, p65 - 'Forfeiting' : A model can forfeit its activation only before it activates in a turn.

Jeremiah kraye's Feat : Friendly knocked down Faction warjacks currently in Kraye's control area that were not knocked down this turn immediately stand up.

So being thrown warjack before activation, after use jeremiah's feat, warjack were not knocked down. So warjack must forfeit his movement or action.
Is that right?

Flying gator tactics use animus 'rise' that being thrown warbeast immediately stand up and he didn't need forfeit movement or action. because of following rule.

Mk-II, p64 - 'Knock down' Last sentence : Some special rules allow a model to stand up. In that case, the model may stand up even if it was knocked down during the current player's turn.

But I think they can't stant up in same turn even if MK-II describe it. because of following rule.

MK-II, p64 - 'Knockdown' : A knocked down model can stand up at the start of its next activation unless it was knocked down during its controller's turn; in that case it cannot stand up until its controller's next turn even if it has not yet activated this turn.

Mk-II, p29 - 'Rule priority' : Special rules stating that something "cannot" happen override rules stating that the same thing "can" or "must" occur. (Rules directing or describing actions or circumstances are treated as if they used "must." Examples include "Gain an additional die," "Knocked down models stand up," and "This model gains cover."

So I think if jeremiah's can't use flying tactics by rule, also gator can't use flying tactics. Even if they can't rise animus after useing *attack 'death roll' in his turn. though minion forcebook 'Rise - This animus can affect a model thatt was knocked down this turn.' they can't because of 'Rule priority'

poeticruse
10-27-2012, 07:46 PM
While I do not mind your english, It would be helpful if you asked a succinct question.

Please avoid nicknames and 'forum-speak' like 'flying tactics' which could mean many things.

If you're trying to argue that Rise cannot work during a turn in which you have been knocked down, you are incorrect. While cannot overrules may, the bullet point right above that (also on p.29) states that "If one rule specifically states its interaction with another rule, follow it." That is the case with your quoted sentence on p.64. It specifically states the interaction of Knock Down with Special Rules which allow a model to stand up.