PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Head Pulse

miftov
10-28-2012, 11:13 PM
I have not played the Thunderhead enough in MK2 and have not been having much luck figuring this out exactly. The Thunderhead pulse attack hits every model within 6 inches of it and does not require line of sight. I am under the assumption that would hit models with stealth and jacks protected by the choir passage hymn. Assuming that is correct and the Thunderhead buys additional attacks does sustained attack allow the thunderhead to shoot models with stealth beyond 5 inches that were in the 6 inch pulse as well as jacks with the hymn passage? I am not sure if this falls under the can not wins out over can rule or not from page 29 or not which is why I decided to ask for clarification. Thank you for your time.

Mr. Golden Deal
10-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Auto-hit overrules auto-miss, so yes you could hit stealthed models. Also the pulse isn't targeted, so you can indeed affect 'jacks affected by Passage. However, buying additional attacks against those jacks would not be a valid option because at that point you have to target the jacks, which cannot be targeted due to Passage.

Skylifter
10-28-2012, 11:26 PM
I might be wrong, not having the card or book handy, but a stealthed model could be hit, as auto-hit trumps auto-miss. Passage, however, prevents your from targeting the jack, so while the pulse will hit it automatically, since it does not target it, to buy additional attacks against a jack under Passage, you'd have to target him, and that is not possible.