PDA

View Full Version : Old witch feat Vs units

Rand2810
10-31-2012, 09:39 AM
lets say i have a unit of 10 grunts within the feat of the old witch.

wich solution is the right one?

A) i move all the troppers and then i check the controll range of the witch to see who lives and who dies

B) i check the controll range after the movement of each trooper removing if necessary the model

ForestZ
10-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Each model ends its movement before the next model begins, even in a unit. You check after each model.

Mustakrakish
10-31-2012, 10:13 AM
Done in one.

Rand2810
10-31-2012, 10:33 AM
i see we have conflictual answers here too ^^

Hashmal
10-31-2012, 10:38 AM
ForestZ is correct.

solkan
10-31-2012, 10:39 AM
i see we have conflictual answers here too ^^

The answer is in the Unit Activation chart in the back of the rulebook, across from the Attack Main Sequence chart.

You activate Unit A. You then perform each model's movement in turn. Model A1 performs an advance and ends its movement. Resolve the effects of the feat. Then you start Model A2's activation. If Model A2 forfeits its movement, then you resolve effects that trigger at the end of A2's movement and continue. If Model A3 proceeds to advance and end its movement in the appropriate area, Model A3 will take damage based on what Model A3 did. What happens to A1, A2 and A3 each depends on what each model did, and it happens when each model ends movement.

Note that the Old Witch's feat requires a model to advance and end movement. A model which forfeits movement did not advance.

Valander
10-31-2012, 10:39 AM
While in the Old Witchʼs control area, enemy models cannot run, charge, or make special attacks. Enemy models that advance and end their movement in the Old Witchʼs control area immediately suffer an unboostable POW 14 damage roll. Field of Talons lasts for one round.

Triggers on the red text.

Completely resolve the movement of one trooper before moving on to the next.Thus, check any model that advanced. (If you forfeit movement, you don't advance, so wouldn't trigger the feat in the first place.)

Baptism By Ice
11-01-2012, 03:31 AM
Also note that a model that begins its activation within the Old Witch's control area that advances 0" (but does not declare a forfeiture of movement) is still considered to have advanced, and thus would take damage from the feat. It is only when it is declared that movement is forfeited that the model which begins its activation within her control will not take a damage roll from her feat.