PDA

View Full Version : So what constitutes a blast

Makoto
11-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Hiya,

So I'm talking with my buddy about running Saytxis raiders and we were looking at how they are immune to blast damage. So we were talking about what actually constitutes blast damage, so to me that's pretty much any AoE with a PoW, even if it is one that is placed. To him it's a template that you have to role scatter for essentially. So what exactly is blast damage in this game, is it any AoE with a PoW rating?

TheUnknownMercenary
11-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Any AOE attack that does not state that all models hit suffer x damage, will do blast damage to any model not directly hit by the AOE attack.

Makoto
11-01-2012, 07:03 PM
So would something like Thunderhead's AOE attack count as blast damage? If that's not so, it kind of diminishes their survivability vs. a lot of the Cygnar stuff that I usually have to play against.

Dacian
11-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Thunderheads energy pulse star attack will effect those with immunity to blast.

The Captain
11-02-2012, 01:53 AM
So would something like Thunderhead's AOE attack count as blast damage? If that's not so, it kind of diminishes their survivability vs. a lot of the Cygnar stuff that I usually have to play against.

No, it is not blast damage. It's one of those "all models hit suffer a POW X damage roll" our friendly Infernal meant. In these cases, the damage type is specified in the description, and if nothing in mentioned, it's untyped damage (blast is also a type of damage).

Note that there are some AOE's that specifically say that all models suffer a POW X blast damage roll, like Irusk's Airburst spell or Devastator's Rain of Death. In this case even models directly hit suffer blast damage (and can be immune to it, of course).

Lachlan the Mad
11-02-2012, 06:57 PM
In summary, the rules go like this;

1. Does the rule say that all models hit by the AOE suffer a POW X damage roll?
- YES: Go to 2
- NO: The AOE deals blast damage to models which are hit-but-not-directly-hit.

2. Does the rule say that the POW X damage roll is blast damage?
- YES: The AOE deals blast damage to the models it says it deals blast damage to (which may include the model directly hit)
- NO: The AOE does not deal blast damage.