PDA

View Full Version : reaving from a killed warbeast

malice
11-03-2012, 05:59 AM
We are currently running a journyman league in our local store and one of our more experienced players was helping out with rules and what not, And he was telling people that if a warbeast dies and the warlock reaves the fury he has to take all of it or none of it. Also saying that if he cant take all of it (would go over fury stat) that he cant take any of it. I looked through the rule book and so did he and i didnt see anything that would suggest this to be so, he said oh it must be in the errata then. I checked the errata and still didnt find anything to justify his statement.

To my understanding there is no restriction on when and how much fury you can leach or reave, other than you cant go over your fury stat. And it says any fury that would go over your fury stat is just lost.

So can anyone please clarify this for us, and if possible give page or referance sources.

Thank you

warlockaluk
11-03-2012, 07:09 AM
hey, it basically means say if your warlock has 4 out of 6 fury points on him, and then reaves a dead warbeasts 3 fury on it, then the warlock would gain 2 fury from the warbeast and the other one would simply be lost.

Alex.

Warfrog
11-03-2012, 11:34 AM
hey, it basically means say if your warlock has 4 out of 6 fury points on him, and then reaves a dead warbeasts 3 fury on it, then the warlock would gain 2 fury from the warbeast and the other one would simply be lost.

Alex.
Just to further clarify the all or none, the warlock has to attempt to take it all or the fury simply gets discarded. so if you are going or reave in that same situation (4 fury, fury stat of 6, reaving 3) you could never take just 1 ending up a 5 fury total. The fury is either lost or all 3 taken which then he loses the 1 in excess.

Valander
11-03-2012, 11:41 AM
See also https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?71492-Reaving-leaching&highlight=Reave+fury

Note I wasn't an infernal at the time of that post, but Macallan confirmed my answer. ;)