PDA

View Full Version : Creeping barrage

Archdeluxe
11-21-2012, 05:50 AM
Ok I read several posts about this topic, but there seemed to be conflicting answers given. I think the poignant question is this: When is the damage roll made for entering a creeping barrage template? At the moment the model enters or after the full movement that caused the entry is completed?

Thenmy
11-21-2012, 05:53 AM
At the moment it enters.

Archdeluxe
11-21-2012, 05:56 AM
At the moment it enters.

Then it can suffer multiple damage rolls in a single movement for entering multiple CB aoes(at different times during it's movement of course)?

NChomsky3d
11-21-2012, 06:31 AM
No, they decided that you only suffer one per turn, whether you move through one or all four.

Archdeluxe
11-21-2012, 06:40 AM
No, they decided that you only suffer one per turn, whether you move through one or all four.

So once you trigger one creeping barrage damage roll in a turn you can move in and out of the templates with impunity and even end your activation in one without suffering another roll? Is this correct? If so they should really errata, cause there is no possible way anyone could get that from reading the rule.

The Captain
11-21-2012, 08:36 AM
So once you trigger one creeping barrage damage roll in a turn you can move in and out of the templates with impunity and even end your activation in one without suffering another roll? Is this correct? If so they should really errata, cause there is no possible way anyone could get that from reading the rule.
Quite a few people have managed to read it correctly.

Archdeluxe
11-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Quite a few people have managed to read it correctly.

LOL. Reading has very little to do with this. Show me where in the rule I can "read" that models can only take damage from this effect once per turn. For that matter why is it not once per activation, once per round, or once per game.

I think what you meant was, "Quite a few people have managed to guess what the intent was correctly."

Valander
11-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Reminder to keep the rules forum civil.

Watch this thread, though, as I am double checking.