PDA

View Full Version : Covering Fire, Tough and Immune to Knockdown

Calibre
12-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Hi all, for those of you have played against Pirates (Seaforge), you are well aware of their tanking/attrition ability with tough, immunity to knockdown, weapon masters the works. I've landed myself in a situation this weekend were I and my opponent was not sure how to play out the situation.

He charged tough, immune to knockdown pirates through AOE covering fire zones, we were unsure whether they were boxed on the spot if they passed their tough check resulting in ending their movement then and there or due to the immunity allowed to proceed with the charge, we ended up playing it they were allowed to proceed with their movement/charge if tough was passed. Did it we play it correctly? What is the sequence for this?

The Buoyancy of Water
12-04-2012, 01:53 AM
Not sure on an answer to the question, but:

1) The pirate contract is Talion, not Seaforge.
2) It's Searforge, not Seaforge.
3) Searforge are the Rhulic faction (dwarves and ogrun).

Now I get into trouble for posting but not answering the question :) I think you continue moving, but not 100%...

Cheers,
Dave

The Captain
12-04-2012, 02:12 AM
If they pass their Tough check, they stop being disabled. Normally they would be knocked down (which would make them lose the rest of their activation), but being immune to knockdown, this does not happen either. So they're free to continue whatever they were doing.

sleet01
12-04-2012, 02:14 AM
Relevant Infernal ruling. (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?21761-Disabled-during-activation&p=325285&viewfull=1#post325285)

hausdorff space
12-04-2012, 03:17 AM
Relevant Infernal ruling. (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?21761-Disabled-during-activation&p=325285&viewfull=1#post325285)Which to quote here for the sake of completeness:

The following is perfectly legal.
A model that is immune to knockdown (Covenant, No sleeping on the Job, etc.) charges something and gets disabled by a freestrike. It then succeeds with itsTough roll and continues its charge without any negative impact from having been disabled.