PDA

View Full Version : Sacrificial Pawn onto Stealth?

RidetheLightning
12-09-2012, 06:51 PM
So I understand this has something to do with auto hit versus auto miss, but I couldn't find any clear description/resolution. Here is my situation:

I would like to use Morvahna and Shifting Stones for her Sac Pawn and Restoration target but with the UA giving them Stealth does that make them illegal Sac Pawn targets?

Thank you so much in advance for any assistance offered!

solkan
12-09-2012, 07:04 PM
The last bit of sacrificial pawn is:

That model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects.

I'm just going to quote the last sentence of the appropriate section, since Stealth is example used:

For instance, an effect that allows attacks to hit automatically would override special rules such as Stealth that would otherwise cause an attack to miss automatically.

Short version: If you use Sacrificial Pawn to cause a Stealth model to be hit, you hit the Stealth model automatically and Stealth does nothing to interfere. You don't attack the other model or check weapon range to the other model, you just straight out hit it.

Note: Primal Mk II page 61, and Prime Mk II page 61, and the mini rulebooks on page 41, have three paragraphs about the interaction of automatic hit vs. automatic miss.

RidetheLightning
12-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Thank you solkan for that timely response. I'm glad to hear it works as I hoped it would.