PDA

View Full Version : Covering Fire

Tionas
03-04-2010, 07:01 AM
As covering fire is a * action, not an attack, do damage rolls from the Covering fire template count as attacks from the Weapon its under, or are they generated from the covering fire template itself

vintersbastard
03-04-2010, 07:10 AM
The damage rolls are not caused by an attack.
They are an effect of the weapon, though, so a :Magic-Wpn: advantage would still apply.

Tionas
03-04-2010, 07:13 AM
would any other effects, say, :DmgType-Fire::DmgType-Corrosion:, transfer.

I guess I'm trying to understand what the difference between Covering fire *action, and a Covering fire *attack could have been.

TheUnknownMercenary
03-04-2010, 07:18 AM
What model has a Covering Fire Special ATTACK? The only covering fire I know of is the Covering Fire Special action.

Tionas
03-04-2010, 07:27 AM
hence: Could have been. Why would the designers make it a special Action, as opposed to an attack. seems like it would have made things pretty clear...

Weaselcreature
03-04-2010, 07:30 AM
hence: Could have been. Why would the designers make it a special Action, as opposed to an attack. seems like it would have made things pretty clear...
An attack uses a to-hit roll and immediate damage.
Covering Fire is a defensive/denial ability. Even if the template is placed on a model, that model still has a chance to move out of the template and take no damage, and other models are allowed to avoid it. There is no to-hit roll, either, just damage if you enter/end movement in it; thus it is not an attack.

Tionas
03-04-2010, 07:40 AM
Good call and well made. My work is done here!