PDA

View Full Version : Location of kills

RandomThoughts
12-23-2012, 02:55 AM
In compliance with forum policy, one thread per question:

1. If a model is killed during its movement (for instance Free Strikes), where does it die (in regard to Soul tokens, wrack markers, etc.)? For instance in the case of a free strike, we try to find the exact spot where the model left the melee range of its attacker and place it there. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance
RT

RedWynd
12-23-2012, 05:48 AM
Yes, the model takes the free strike at the moment it leaves the melee range of the enemy model, so that is where it stays if the free strike kills it.

wazatdingder
12-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Slight tack-on. Flying model going over. Where/when does it die.

Sanctjud
12-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Least disturbance IIRC.

solkan
12-23-2012, 09:55 AM

It dies where ever it died. Least disturbance would only be necessary if it survived (and was stuck there for some reason...).

Let me see if I can find the previous thread concerning an Incubus generation when the incubator died on top of another model...
Edit:
Here's one: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76483-Kalluss-Feat-When-if-ever-will-the-incubi-not-spawn&p=1165870&highlight=incubus#post1165870

Edit #2: Although now that I finished searching, it appears that that is contradicted by a more recent thread:
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?127811-Free-strikes-and-flight
which says that the model would not be placed if there was no room for it because it was supposed to be placed on top of the other model.

TheUnknownMercenary
01-18-2013, 12:13 AM

You use the rules for least disturbance, if necessary. For things like Kallus' feat and placing of Incubus.

wazatdingder
01-18-2013, 05:26 AM
Thank you, that's the answer I wanted to hear. When others say, "they don't get placed at all" I think, "what?! Do we really need another reason NOT to use Grotesques as oppose to a good reason to use them"