PDA

View Full Version : Iron horse and slam

reerunz
12-26-2012, 11:35 PM
Let's say a hammer smith is .5 inches for a model and moves base to base with a enemy model , he hits with both initials, and the. Hits with the free 3rd attack that slams the model , he has follow up , so he follow the model and hits it some more , at the end of his activation can he still use the rest of his ride by attack movement to walk backward towards kraye to get back in the control area ?

Or does he loose that do to the slam made even though he didn't do it as a power attack, it just happend due to him hitting ? ( I know it's still a power attack but it's not like he used his movement to do the slam so it different I think, I'm not sure that's why I'm asking )

Rosebriar
12-26-2012, 11:49 PM
He can but you have to declare ride by attack at the beginning of an activation.

TheUnknownMercenary
12-26-2012, 11:56 PM
I think I understand what you are asking. The Hammersmith is doing a Ride By attack because it can do that from Kraye's Iron Horse ability, so it will go like this:

The Hammersmith declares it is doing a Ride By Attack and moves 1/2 inch to get into base to base with its target. Thus using 1/2 inch of its 4 inch movement, thus leaving 3.5 inches left in its movement to use after it completes its action.

It hits with both its intial attacks on the same target (and using beat back if it wants to and thus moving towards the target each time)

Since it hit the same model with both its initial attacks, the Hammersmith then does its Chain Attack: Smite on the target model and slams it and then uses Follow Up to move directly toward the slammed target model.

Then it spends it remaining focus to make additional attacks against the target or other targets (and again using Beat Back it if wants to)

Then it can use the remain 3.5 inches of movement left to move anywhere it wants to.

reerunz
12-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Awesome , with full tilt on him I should be able to get him back in my control area if done right :) and what ever jack / beast , he is hitting may be pushed out of their owners control area if theyre pushed right:)