PDA

View Full Version : ghetorix

daman630
12-27-2012, 03:57 PM
so I had a ghetorix converted but had a question about how it was done and not sure if I shld post here but we will start here.
The way the ghetorix was posed is it has the ax in one handed and nothing in the other and I was thinking that because he has an open hand if it would be legal considering he doesn't have a claw weapon. I know that's a 'real technical question and the model looks sweet and you can tell that it's the ghetorix but I had a question about whether it wld be legit to play

SageofLodoss
12-27-2012, 04:05 PM
so I had a ghetorix converted but had a question about how it was done and not sure if I shld post here but we will start here.
The way the ghetorix was posed is it has the ax in one handed and nothing in the other and I was thinking that because he has an open hand if it would be legal considering he doesn't have a claw weapon. I know that's a 'real technical question and the model looks sweet and you can tell that it's the ghetorix but I had a question about whether it wld be legit to play

Model conversions are usually not rules questions unless they involve questions about base sizes and interactions. A cosmetic related question regarding whether it was legit to play is a question to ask your tournament or event organizer. General rules for conversions are located in the Steamroller PDF document for full details; generally they require you to have used most or all of the original model parts in some way, but modifying a two handed weapon to be held in one hand is usually not a problem.

Again, more a question for your TO than an infernal.

Wishing
12-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Interesting point, even though not a rules question. You could certainly argue that technically, not having him holding the axe with both hands is changing his weapon loadout, since it frees up a hand which then looks like an open fist. However, I think anyone would think that argument to be very silly. Common sense dictates that nobody should make this argument.

daman630
12-27-2012, 05:09 PM
yeah I wasn't sure if it was or not so I figured I'd start here..... I know that at some hardcore tournaments and some really stubborn players wld argue especially after it eats the caster but I figured Id get a general consensus

TheUnknownMercenary
12-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Any conversions need to be approved by the Tournament Organizer.