PDA

View Full Version : The Choir's Hymn

Centurio
12-27-2012, 07:25 PM
The choirs Hymn rule says:

"If the target warjack is in range, it is affected by the Hymn."

Then it lists the effects of each Hymn, and specifies they last a turn or round.

Once it is affected by a Hymn, can the warjack move away and still benefit from the hymn, or must it remain within the RNG of the Choir's hymn to benefit?

UmbrellaCorp487
12-27-2012, 07:28 PM
It is a buff that they recieve, the jacks are able to move after the hymn is applied, I believe it states for one turn or round as you stated.

Centurio
12-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Thats how I have been playing it, but a couple of people thought you had to remain within 3" of a choir to get the bonus. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't playing it wrong.

MagnustheJust
12-27-2012, 08:25 PM
The others are incorrect... The Choir chants the Hymn of "_______" at the intended warjack, and then that warjack is buffed through the duration listed on the card.

Whether the warjack is within 3" of a Choir model is irrelevant, except when trying to add the buff to the warjack.

Wishing
12-28-2012, 05:30 AM
In Mk1, the choir generated an aura that that warjacks had to stay within in order to benefit, as I recall. So maybe that's why your opponents think that. But in Mk2, a warjack gains the choir benefit without having to stay close to the choir - the only range condition is that the choir has to be within 3" of the warjack to target it with the effect to begin with.

Centurio
12-28-2012, 05:50 AM
Thanks to everyone for the replies!