PDA

View Full Version : Vengeance and Righteous Vengeance

Sigmatron
12-28-2012, 11:36 PM
Righteous Vengeance states that "If one or more friendly faction warrior models were destroyed or removed from play by enemy attacks while within 5" of this model during your opponent's last turn, after resloving continuous effects during your maintenance phase, this model can make a full advance followed by one normal melee attack."

Vengeance states "During your Maintenance phase, if one or more models...."

Which happens first? or is the controlling player free to choose? My curiosity is that Righteous Vengenace states a more specific time when it goes off.

TheUnknownMercenary
12-29-2012, 02:33 AM
Which model/models are you talking about? Is the ability on the same model/models or different models?

Bronze
12-29-2012, 05:16 AM
I do believe that he is referencing Hakaar the Destroyer's ability as a solo versus the immortals unit vengeance ability in a Skorne army. You shall be choosing the order in which they occur as the active player when multiple maintenance effects such as that occur. Since, vengeance attacks are done one at a time...if you are asking if you can intermix Hakaar's maintenance righteous vengeance and the immortals vengeance move, that I am unsure of (probably not), but will let another respond.

MagnustheJust
12-29-2012, 06:57 AM
Correct me if I am wrong {...again.}, but doesn't the active/controlling player always choose the order of effects and abilities that trigger at the same time?

Sigmatron
12-29-2012, 07:34 AM
I was talking about Hakaar the destroyer and a unit of Immortals from the Skorne army.

hamsandwich50
12-29-2012, 08:36 AM
I'm pretty sure as the active player you get to choose which vengeance to do first since they both occur in the maintenance phase but you would be unable to intermix hakaar within the immortals vengeance since you move the unit then attack with the unit not individually.

Bronze
12-29-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm pretty sure as the active player you get to choose which vengeance to do first since they both occur in the maintenance phase but you would be unable to intermix hakaar within the immortals vengeance since you move the unit then attack with the unit not individually.

Ah yes. I had been informed this past weekend as it being individual and hadn't checked up on it. You are correct, it is done as a unit. So yeah, no intermixing and as the active player you decide which one occurs first.