PDA

View Full Version : Combo-Strike Question

Minotaur
01-07-2013, 06:19 PM
I'll use Master Ascetic Naaresh as an example.

In a combo strikes: The POW = models STR + 2xPOW of weapon.

This makes the POW of the attack 6 + (2x4) = 14

Would the weapons damage be P+S 20 then, since it mentions in combo strike only the POW?

I'm guessing that it is 14, but there does seem it could be interpreted as 20, albeit tenuously?

Lachlan the Mad
01-07-2013, 06:25 PM
I don't understand this at all. It sounds like one of those things that people think of when they're sick/drunk/tired/high and suddenly become convinced that maths as we know it doesn't work.

Regular attack = POW + STR = 4 + 6 = 10

Combo strike = POW + POW + STR = 4 + 4 + 6 = 14

SageofLodoss
01-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Combo strike says "the POW of the damage roll" as opposed to the POW of the Weapon. It's telling you what modifier to assign to the damage roll, not to the weapon.

That's why the total is 14.

SageofLodoss
01-07-2013, 06:30 PM
I don't understand this at all. It sounds like one of those things that people think of when they're sick/drunk/tired/high and suddenly become convinced that maths as we know it doesn't work.

Regular attack = POW + STR = 4 + 6 = 10

Combo strike = POW + POW + STR = 4 + 4 + 6 = 14

I don't think you're seeing where his confusion is. He was under the mistaken impression that it could be interpreted as the POW of the weapon being equal of Strength + Twice the POW, arriving at 14. Then the POW of the damage roll would be Strength (6) + the POW of the weapon (14 in his misinterpretation of Combo Strike) = 20.

What I wrote in the previous post addresses this.

Minotaur
01-07-2013, 06:30 PM
@ Lachlan

A tad insulting no?

I am merely asking, as Combo strike, as worded where I am reading it in Domination, mentions a different way to calculate POW, where POW is = Str + 2xPOW of weapon. So, this new figure is POW but calculated with a different mathematical equation, but it is POW nonetheless, and just POW, as per the wording, even though the strength is used to calculate this new figure. In my opinion, it is a little badly worded because it could be interpreted this way. Your given a different and new POW, my question, would you not add Strenght onto this new POW.

I do realize, and mentioned in the previous post that is was most likely 14, I was merely asking and pointing out that one could interpret it that was as per how the rule was written.

@ SageofLodoss

Many kind thanks for the helpful answer. It was more useful to show me the flaw in my train of thought and logic. I did not realize 'damage roll' would counter my 'theory'.

SageofLodoss
01-07-2013, 06:32 PM
We're probably ninja'ing each other, but I addressed your question.

Minotaur
01-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Indeed.

10 chars.