PDA

View Full Version : remove from play am i interpreting it right?

holywhitetrash
01-11-2013, 09:08 PM
"some rules cause a model to be removed from play, sometimes this is instead of being destroyed,and at other times it is in addition to being destroyed. a model removed from play is removed from the table and set aside for the rest of the game; it cannot return to the table for any reason."

so that would mean that if i only physically own a single sentry stone & mannikins unit, and i have all three of the mannikins use their forest growth action {forest growth(*action)-center a 3" aoe on this model, then remove the model from play. this aoe is a forest that remains in play for one round} then i would no longer be able to create mannikins with the sentry stone, correct?

if this is incorrect please tell me the actual way it should read:Abomination:

solkan
01-11-2013, 09:18 PM
When the rules tell you to create a new model, are you planning on making a mold, casting the model, painting the model and then only using it for the one game? Or are you planning on reusing one of your existing models? ;)

The rules of the game don't care which particular piece of plastic, metal and paint you use to represent each figure on the table. So if you remove your existing three models, then trigger an ability that creates some more, and you happen to reuse those existing figures...

waspinator21
01-11-2013, 09:27 PM
in this case each manikin that comes into play is counted as a new model entering the battlefield, regardless of the actual models that you own.

SageofLodoss
01-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Creating new models doesn't interact with Remove from Play. Abilities and feats that "return" models that were previously destroyed are what remove from play will interact with.

Morvahna's Regrowth spell, for instance, could not be used to bring back a trooper who was removed from play.

Asomdeus
01-11-2013, 10:22 PM
The sentry stone creates new manikins each time, so remove from play is no difference than dead in that sense. Create all the manikins you want.