PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Kovaas

Naru
01-20-2013, 09:52 PM
If I have 2 Ancestral Guardians and I am running Zaal, if they are both simultaneously killed by a thresher, do I get 2 Kovaas? It is not a character, and its ability says, "When a friendly Ancestral Guardian is destroyed while in Zaal's control area, replace the Ancestral Guardian with a Kovaas unless there is already a friendly Kovaas in play." If there is none in play and they die simultaneously then by the wording it appears you can get 2.

MagnustheJust
01-20-2013, 10:15 PM
Page 49 of the Skorne faction book :

Destruction Spawned
... When a friendly Ancestral Guardian is destroyed in Zaal's control area, replace the Ancestral Guardian with a Kovaas unless there is already a friendly Kovaas in play. ...

There are some other bits in there, but the above is the relevant part. So no - you may not have multiple Kovaas.

Naru
01-20-2013, 10:20 PM
Ok thanks.

solkan
01-20-2013, 10:24 PM
"simultaneous attacks" do not cause you to resolve effects simultaneously. What you do instead is:

When resolving simultaneous effects, completely resolve all attack and damage rolls before applying any of the target's special rules triggered by suffering damage, being destroyed, or being removed from play.

When ever you have two effects that trigger "at the same time" you resolve them one at a time, in the order of the appropriate player's choosing because that's what the errata adds to Appendix A:

At any time two or more abilities are triggered at the same time, such as “attack hit” or “end activation,” the active player chooses the order in which abilities on his models resolve, then the inactive player chooses the order in which abilities on his models resolve.

That's equally true if it's two different "on destroyed" effects on the same model, or "on destroyed" effects on two different models. If the two models reach the destroyed condition simultaneously, you choose which order you would like to resolve their "on destroyed" effects.

So, no, you don't wind up with two Kovaas because you don't try to resolve those two rules simultaneously.