PDA

View Full Version : New wording on trample and sprint.

Pirrekurr
01-21-2013, 11:36 AM
I saw the new erata and have a question. How does the change in wording on trample, from making melee attacks to making melee attack rolls change the interaction with sprint?

Sprint states that: "At the end of its activation, if a model with Sprint destroyed one or more enemy models with melee attacks this activation it can make a full advance". Does the new wording mean that a model with sprint that tramples someone to death no longer can make a sprint move at the end of activation?

solkan
01-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Trample is still a melee attack by virtue of being a power attack.

Power attacks are melee attacks with a 0.5" melee range.

So if you destroy something using a Trample, you still destroyed it using a melee attack.

Rynth
01-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Trample is a power attack. Power attacks are melee attacks. I'd imagine Sprint can be triggered by Trample.

Pirrekurr
01-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Phew, almost surrendered on the game there. The only thing making me use my pigs right now is the fun tech with Road Hogs trampling and sprinting. If they had taken that away from me I actually might have quit playing the game altogether. The only thing keeping me going would have been the amount of fun I have with my friends discussing the game, but I guess I still could have done that without actually playing. I still discuss that other game which I haven't played since 2007. Thank you solkan for saving my evening, and my hobby.

Valander
01-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Trample is still a melee attack by virtue of being a power attack.

So if you destroy something using a Trample, you still destroyed it using a melee attack.
Correct, and with rules quote, so Solkan gets a cookie.

Note that this latest errata mainly "undoes" the previous errata to Trample.