PDA

View Full Version : Severius' Convert and/or Fires of Communion and SR2013 scenarios

Archleone
01-24-2013, 04:19 PM
I've heard both ways about whether or not models controlled by me due to Severius2's feat control/contest zones for me or their owner, based on what order EoT effects happen in, but apparently by new SR2013 rules the question is moot, as you apparently must own the model to contest/control with it.

I would like to point out, however, that this makes no sense with Severius1's convert special action. Even though I (playing Sevvy) have permanent control of a model, it still scores for my opponent?

Apologies if this has been posted before

TheUnknownMercenary
01-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Under the entry for contest:

Warcasters, warlocks, inert warjacks, wild warbeasts, models that are fleeing, and models that are under an opponent's control cannot contest. So if you control an opponent's model it will not help you to contest an area.
The entries for controlling zones, flags etc.. state you must own the model, not control the model.

Archleone
01-24-2013, 04:43 PM
Whoops, my bad. Would it be possible for clarification to be made as to why they made the decision to switch to own instead of control? I think this decision has removed tactical depth from the Severiuses and one or two other things, but that's my personal opinion.