PDA

View Full Version : Tough/Self Sacrifice/Knockdown

stevegreat
01-25-2013, 11:00 AM
I've seen many posts that discuss the interaction between tough and self sacrifice. I understand that both effects are triggered on disabled and it's ideal to resolve tough first and self sacrifice second if tough fails. But I couldn't find a ruling on whether or not you are knocked down if you make the tough check and then choose to trigger self sacrifice.

I assume you would be knocked down. Tough states "Roll a d6. On 5 or 6, this model heals 1 damage point, is no longer disabled, and is knocked down" but I was hoping there was some interaction I wasn't seeing that would let the model stay on it's feet. Thanks!

Valander
01-25-2013, 11:05 AM
If you pass the Tough check, then all of what it says applies: heal 1, no longer disabled, are knocked down. If you do not pass that, then none of it applies (no heal, still disabled, no knock down).

Alviaran
01-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Not sure what you are getting at.

If the model makes a Tough roll, it heals one and is knocked down. When you successfully pass this, the model is no longer disabled and you may not use Self Sacrifice anymore.

There is no way to get to make a Tough roll and then get to stay on your feet, if that is what you are asking, without an ability that lets you ignore it (such as from the Covenant).

If you want to have a particular model that just got killed stay on their feet, you can choose to use Self Sacrifice and have someone else be destroyed. No Tough rolls made then. That is the choice you have to make there.

stevegreat
01-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Alright, figured as much. There might be some instances where I'll forgo toughing before self sacrifice in the future just to keep the defense the kriel stone bearer up. Thanks for the help guys.