PDA

View Full Version : shield guard and magical ranged attacks

riccolobo
01-25-2013, 03:16 PM
I just recently purchased a Sentinel and have yet to play him. Before putting him on the table I would like to know exactly how shield guard works. I have already looked through the forums but, I still have one question. Can shield guard be used if the ranged attack is a spell?

Sheer_Falacy
01-25-2013, 03:31 PM
No. Spells are not ranged attacks even if they have a ranged. They are magic attacks (different from magical :Magic-Wpn:, which is an ability some weapons have).

nonchalance
01-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Spells are not ranged attacks. They're magic attacks.
Shield guard does not, therefore, work against them.
It does work against ranged attacks that have Magic Weapon, like pistol wraith guns.

blitzmonkey
01-25-2013, 03:32 PM
I just recently purchased a Sentinel and have yet to play him. Before putting him on the table I would like to know exactly how shield guard works. I have already looked through the forums but, I still have one question. Can shield guard be used if the ranged attack is a spell?

Shield Guard blocks a ranged attack. An attack with a spell is a magic attack, not a ranged attack. Ranged attacks can have the property of "Magical Weapon", but that is not a magic attack.

riccolobo
01-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the replies. I thought it worked that way but, wanted to ask so as not to sell my myself short.