PDA

View Full Version : finding out you're coming up short

piikalo
01-25-2013, 05:43 PM
I cast arcane suppression. An enemy warcaster with 6 focus currently commits to casting a 4 focus spell. I measure the 10" to check if he is within and find out that he is. Obviously he cannot pay 8 focus for this spell. Does he pay 4 focus and the spell doesnt happen? Does he pay up to the 8 (6 in this example) and the spell doesnt happen?

silly bonus question: can I cast battle lust on shifting stones?

thank you very much

blitzmonkey
01-25-2013, 05:49 PM
I cast arcane suppression. An enemy warcaster with 6 focus currently commits to casting a 4 focus spell. I measure the 10" to check if he is within and find out that he is. Obviously he cannot pay 8 focus for this spell. Does he pay 4 focus and the spell doesnt happen? Does he pay up to the 8 (6 in this example) and the spell doesnt happen?

silly bonus question: can I cast battle lust on shifting stones?

thank you very much

He doesn't cast the spell, as he can't pay for it. He pays no focus, as he doesn't "commit" to paying for it. He declares he wants to cast a spell. You measure to see if he is in range for arcane suppression. He is. He can't pay for it, so he spends no focus.

yshsalas
01-25-2013, 06:04 PM
See this thread for an Infernal ruling on the same effect under a different name.

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?90617-Lamentation-and-declared-casting