PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Black 13th question

sounddemon
01-26-2013, 12:29 AM
If you use Ryan's Special Action, Mage Storm, are you still able to fire one shot from his Magelock Pistol?

Draxos
01-26-2013, 12:31 AM
No because in order to do a Special Action or Attack you forfiet your initial attacks.

sounddemon
01-26-2013, 12:53 AM
Let me get this straight. Say if an Ironclad were to use its special action, it would have to forfeit all of initial attacks in order to use its special action?

Alviaran
01-26-2013, 01:03 AM
Let me get this straight. Say if an Ironclad were to use its special action, it would have to forfeit all of initial attacks in order to use its special action?

Correct. All special attacks (which, for the record, power attacks are special attacks), require you to forfeit all your initial attacks.

Also, point of note, Ryan is the female of the unit. :p

circletakesthesquare
01-26-2013, 01:04 AM
Yes, but Tremor allows you to purchase additional melee attacks with the Ironclad.

Beat to the punch

Lachlan the Mad
01-26-2013, 02:56 AM
Yes, but Tremor allows you to purchase additional melee attacks with the Ironclad.

Beat to the punch

You're allowed to purchase additional attacks after a *attack (but not a *action), but the Black 13th have no way of purchasing additional attacks.

circletakesthesquare
01-26-2013, 05:09 AM
The Ironclad's specifically states it can... Which I said.

Lachlan the Mad
01-26-2013, 05:47 AM
The Ironclad's specifically states it can... Which I said.

I'm just going off the card on the Quick Start rules, but as far as I can see, there is no specific statement about additional attacks. There is no need for such a specific rule, because Tremor is a *Attack, and you can buy additional attacks after a *Attack.

Valander
01-26-2013, 08:19 AM
No because in order to do a Special Action or Attack you forfiet your initial attacks.
More correctly, you can do either a combat action or Special Action. If you do a Special Action, you cannot use your initial attacks, and you cannot buy additional attacks. If you do a combat action, you can use a Special Attack instead of your initial attacks, and may buy additional attacks afterwords.

Weir.d.justin
01-26-2013, 04:42 PM
I have a question but im not sure if was covered somewhere else. any way i was playing a game last night and i had ryan in melee, during my friends activation he moved out of melee. i was wondering does ryan or that matter any model with gunfighter get the free strike against the leaving model? my friends ruled against me and said no. but i was just wondering.

Valander
01-26-2013, 05:01 PM
New questions should get new threads, please.

But yes, Gunfighter allows you to make free strikes:

A model with Gunfighter can make free strikes with its ranged weapons