PDA

View Full Version : SR objectives

theMADhatter
01-26-2013, 02:08 AM
Can you slipstream them?

Sigmatron
01-26-2013, 02:15 AM
The objectives aren't part of the Legion faction.

Azuresun
01-26-2013, 02:45 AM
It'll say in each scenario which objectives count as friendly faction, and which don't. If an objective is friendly faction to you, and it meets any other requirements to use the ability, the ability can be used on them.

MagnustheJust
01-26-2013, 06:14 AM
Objectives are stationary and can not be moved, placed, slammed. trampled, folded, washed, spindled, mutilated, or have another model end it's movement upon them.

Brandubh
01-26-2013, 06:41 AM
Objectives are stationary and can not be moved, placed, slammed. trampled, folded, washed, spindled, mutilated, or have another model end it's movement upon them.

Says who? Has there been a ruling on this? I'm looking at SR2013 now and they're listed as "Immobile" which can be placed (i.e. same as the Shifting Stones rule).

And, yes, until it's ruled otherwise, I will be double porting my objectives into the corner of the board on turn 1. :P

Canadianized
01-26-2013, 07:59 AM

This model has no movement or action and cannot be knocked down or moved. Its front arc extends to 360º. It has no melee range, cannot engage, and is automatically hit by melee attacks.I see nothing in there preventing something slamming it, or it being placed. It's the exact same rule Shifting Sones have, as previously pointed out. Also every scenario in 2013 that has a friendly objectives says they do count as "Friendly Faction," so if you meet the movement requirements for Slipstream, then yes, they can be affected by it. Just like the Shifting Sones Teleportation ability.

solkan
01-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Some of the objectives say:

IMMOBILE – This model has no movement or action and cannot be knocked down or moved. Its front arc extends to 360°. It has no melee range, cannot engage, and is automatically hit by melee attacks.

If you slam them, "is moved" vs. "cannot be moved" and thus the model does not move. But I don't see a prohibition against place effects.

Canadianized
01-26-2013, 09:33 AM
But it doesn't stop targeting from a slam, it just won't move. I state it because there are some models that can slam, but not charge, for free. (Gnarlhorn Satyr, for example)

solkan
01-26-2013, 09:59 AM
My bad. I thought the topic was drifting towards ways that the models could be repositioned, rather than refuting MagnustheJust's list of "can not"'s.