PDA

View Full Version : Scather template and objective without activation

Sascha Vykos
01-26-2013, 07:06 AM
Hi guys, in two missions of steamroller 2013, precisely "destruction" and "process of elimination", the objectives have the rule "inexorable";
Put corrosion or fire continuos effect on an objective can be an useful tool for scenario control.
I've got just one question about our scather from ravagore and the interaction with objectives; In which moment of the turn I have to resolve the point of damage from scather on an objective?

Thanks!

Celeb
01-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Since the objective is a friendy faction model to you, you decide when to activate it and therefore when during your turn it suffers the damage.

Sascha Vykos
01-26-2013, 08:09 AM
So, if I put scather on an enemy objective, my opponent can damage my objective and, then, he can activate his own objective. Scather don not damage his objective because "inexorable" was triggered before, correct?

solkan
01-26-2013, 08:23 AM
Actually, I don't think you are supposed to activate the objective models under SR2013.

From the PDF:

Objective (50mm base): Objectives are a model type used only in scenarios. The rules for these models are on their corresponding objective cards. Objectives cannot be controlled (only dominated).

and the Activation Phase rules specify:

All models you control must be activated once per turn.
Even if the objective is a friendly model, it is not a model controlled by the player and thus does not activate during the turn.

In the 2012 rules, you could control and activate objectives. This does not appear to be the case any longer. So I don't think the objective will satisfy

Enemy models and non-Faction friendly models entering or ending their activations in the AOE suffer 1 point of corrosion damage.
since no one is activating them.

MarshalJack
01-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Actually, I don't think you are supposed to activate the objective models under SR2013.

From the PDF:

and the Activation Phase rules specify:

Even if the objective is a friendly model, it is not a model controlled by the player and thus does not activate during the turn.

In the 2012 rules, you could control and activate objectives. This does not appear to be the case any longer. So I don't think the objective will satisfy

since no one is activating them.

It sounds like there are two different kinds of 'control' here. The SR2013 rules use control with regards to scoring points (contest, control, dominate) whereas the activation rules use the word to mean a model you have the right to activate.

solkan
01-26-2013, 10:07 AM
That's entirely possible. It's equally possible that the 'dominate' term was invented because 'control' is meant in both senses for the objective models.

On the other hand, the reason why continuous effects are resolved on the objectives appears to be because the SR2013 rules specifically say that they will be resolved:

When an objective is friendly, or enemy, to all other models continuous effects are resolved on both players’ turns.

And I remember the thread for SR2012 about continuous effects on uncontrolled objective models. So changing the rules so that 'control' means 'control' could be taken as an improvement...