PDA

View Full Version : visgoth rovens menoth sight

skapunkboy
01-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Quick one as it came up today

Can roven use his ability to make one friendly faction model ignore stealth and then that model if it was warcaster use an arc node to target stealthed models more than 5" from the node

I would say no because the rules state the jack requires los but I thought I would get it checked as its created an argument today

Falkman
01-26-2013, 10:12 AM
Yes it can be done. You draw line of sight from the warjack, that's true, but it's the warcaster making the attack and that's what matters.

solkan
01-26-2013, 10:24 AM
For reference concerning Stealth and arc nodes or channeling: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?131230-Stealth-Interaction-Diagrams&p=1742950&viewfull=1#post1742950

To boil it down.

When channeling a spell, the attacking model needs to be able to ignore stealth, not the channeler/arc node model. The reason is that Stealth deals with the attacker.

To ignore a forest or cloud effect, the channeler/arc node model has to be able to ignore forests or cloud effects. This is beacuse Forests and Cloud Effects deal with Line of Sight.

If a model ignores Stealth then models with Stealth will block Line of Sight, just like any other model.

Remember that Stealth does not prevent targeting the model with Stealth. What it does is cause the attack to miss beyond the 5" range.

skapunkboy
01-27-2013, 04:45 AM
I get all that but it says the chosen model ignores stealth for LOS but the LOS is taken from the jack

Hence the odd interaction

Falkman
01-27-2013, 05:11 AM
I get all that but it says the chosen model ignores stealth for LOS but the LOS is taken from the jack
No, it says that the model ignores Stealth and that it ignores cloud effects when it draws line of sight. It is two separate things that it gets to ignore, the first is that the affected mode ignores Stealth, the second is that the model ignores cloud effects when drawing line of sight.

TheUnknownMercenary
01-27-2013, 05:12 AM

Hence the odd interaction
You are misreading the abilty.

The chosen model ignores Stealth and ignores cloud effects when determine LOS.

The ability gives the model two diiferent effects. The first to ignore Stealth and the second to ignore Clouds effects when dteremining LOS