PDA

View Full Version : Grundback Blaster Hail Shot and Powerful Attack

Nav
01-27-2013, 07:20 PM
Hi guys, sorry if this is a stupid question but a group of friends and myself have recently started playing and we were a little confused on the rules for The Blaster's powerful spray attack. Normally for a spray attack the rule book says you have to boost each hit and damage roll individually, the powerful shot rule says that the Blaster attacks with its ranged weapon it can boost its attack and damage rolls with a single focus. If I hit 3 models under the spray do I have to spend three focus to boost the hit and damage rolls for each one? Or does the single focus spent on using Powerful Attack boost the rolls for all 3 hit and damage rolls at the same time?

Also a small side question, does the shield guard ability on an Ogrun Bokur transfer any ranged hit onto him from his client? Including blast damage?

sleet01
01-27-2013, 07:27 PM
The single focus is all you need to boost all the attack and damage rolls in the spray. Search the Rules forum and you'll see about half a dozen threads that all say the same thing.

The way Shield Guard works now, the initial target doesn't change but the Shield Guard model suffers all the damage and effects instead of the initial target. So if Model A is hit by an AOE gun and Bokur B uses Shield Guard to take the hit, B suffers the main attack but the AOE remains centered on Model A so B may also suffer blast damage. A won't suffer any effects but the AOE will still be centered on it. There are several Rules threads about this as well.

Sheer_Falacy
01-27-2013, 07:45 PM
No, the Ogrun Bokur can't use shield guard to change who is hit by blast damage, because shield guard only works against direct hits.

stallintyre
01-28-2013, 11:00 AM
yes 1 Focus to boost all attack and damage rolls, i absolutely fell in love with these little Jacks when i ran my Rhulic army