PDA

View Full Version : Shattterstorm/Electroleap vs. Beyond Death

icemantis
01-27-2013, 11:48 PM
Is blast damage from the AOEs of Shatter Storm considered to be generated by the model itself? Specifically, is the damage affected by Darragh Wrath's "Beyond Death" ability? Are the secondary rolls for things like electroleap (Voltaic Fists especially)?

SageofLodoss
01-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Is blast damage from the AOEs of Shatter Storm considered to be generated by the model itself? Specifically, is the damage affected by Darragh Wrath's "Beyond Death" ability? Are the secondary rolls for things like electroleap (Voltaic Fists especially)?

Electroleap has been ruled to be a damage roll from the model that caused the Electroleap. This means it gets the bonus from things like Prey, but also penalties like Wrathe's Beyond Death.

I'm not sure on the AOE's. A regular AOE I'm pretty sure is considered from the model with the weapon/spell that generated it, but Shatter Storm could be argued to be from the spell since it is not a quality of the model's weapon or added to the weapon, just an effect of a model being boxed by the attack. My best guess, though, is that they are damage from the models with Shatter Storm on them.

Celeb
01-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Electroleap somewhere has been ruled to be generated by the model. Stormwall isn't affected by Beyond Death because he does not live. I don't know about Shattertorm.

Mindless
01-28-2013, 09:46 AM
Shatter Storm is a blast damage roll and I'd assume the damage originates from the attacker, but the point of origin is the boxed model.