PDA

View Full Version : Rules in effect when the models are not in play

ForestZ
01-28-2013, 09:49 AM
So, there has been some confusion in the Errata discussion thread (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?138553-New-Errata/page6) about whether a models rules are in effect even when the model is not in play (either prior to deployment, or due to the model being removed from the board or removed from play). I'm 99% sure they are, but I just want to make sure I'm not following a widely held misconception.

Tactics: Models like the Underboss have a Tactics ability. Does this rule remain in effect even when the model in question is destroyed or RFP'd?

Elite Cadre: Models like Yuri the Axe have Elite Cadre. Does this rule remain in effect even when the model in question is destroyed or RFP'd?

For both of these, if applicable, are the rules in effect even when the model is included as part of a Reinforcement in Steamroller rules, and has not yet been deployed as a reinforcement? (ie. Will Manhunters in your primary list have Treewalker on turn 1 if Yuri is in the Reinforcements?)

And finally, an interesting corner case. In a multi-caster game with a caster who has a warjack bond (let's assume Sorscha2, since her bond doesn't require the 'jack to be in her control), does the Warjack Bond still apply when she is destroyed?

Thanks.

Celeb
01-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Tactics: Yes, the rules persist, even if the model is destroyed.

Elite Cadre: In reinforcement Scenarios, even if Yuri is not on the board, the Elite Cadre bonus applies

Bond: Quoting the bonding rules :
A bonded Warjack/warbeast not under control of its bonding warcaster/warlock loses the benefits of its bond. The Warjack after the death of the warcaster is inert and therefore not controlled by him.

ForestZ
01-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Bond: Quoting the bonding rules : The Warjack after the death of the warcaster is inert and therefore not controlled by him.

Ah, thank you. I only brought it up because someone in the other thread did. Serves me right for not reading those rules fully.

solkan
01-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Short version: Press Gangers are not Infernals, and they can be wrong when arguing about the rules, just like the rest of us mortals.

Most of the time, a model's rules don't apply after it has been destroyed or removed from play because those rules will have clauses like the bonding rules, or have a distance based effect, or something similar. Or will straight out say "While this model is in play..." Those rules stop applying because they become impossible by design.

Several models have special rules specifying when they can arrive in play. Those rules apply to the model before it arrives on the table.

Concerning the deployment of models that say "cannot be placed", see the appropriate Infernal statements: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?115521-Colossals-and-Re-Deployment&p=1822899&viewfull=1#post1822899