PDA

View Full Version : Trollkin Hero - Tactician *intent*

lich lord burns
11-30-2009, 08:33 AM
The Trollkin Hero's Tactician [Trollkin Champions] (plural) does not affect the Hero, as written, due to the fact that the Hero is a Trollkin Champion (singular) model. No question there.

However, the White Mane has a similar rule which does affect himself in addition to Tharn Ravager models.

Question - is it the design intent for the Hero to be affected by his own Tactitican ability or not?

It will make a big difference during playtesting if the Hero is intended to be able to charge through a B2B line of Champions.

Hjelmen0
11-30-2009, 08:34 AM
I asked this some days ago, and I never got an answer. I'm still convinced that he doesn't benefit from it, but a clarification is dearly needed.

Mootaz
11-30-2009, 08:39 AM
Checking..

Lunatic Calm
12-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Answer is: Will be fixed so that the hero benefits.

manymoles
12-01-2009, 03:53 PM
*dances* At last :) I crossed my fingers for this fix

Waaargh
12-02-2009, 02:31 AM
Answer is: Will be fixed so that the hero benefits.

Great! How do you know (I can just see you have purple name, I don't know what that means)?

Nuriochi_sol
12-02-2009, 05:23 AM
Great! How do you know (I can just see you have purple name, I don't know what that means)?

The "purple named" guys are Infernals, a group of folks who volunteer their time (with some recompense from PP) to help interpret rules and monitor the rules forum. And if I'm not mistaken, they've done a lot of work in the development of MkII, both Hordes and Warmachine.

The Infernals are essentially PP rules referees, or more accurately the "instant replay" guys, if you watch football. They look at the issue, mull it over, check with PP directly if something seems unclear even to them (which isn't bloody often outside the field test universe), and then get back to us.

So, in a nut shell, it's Mootaz's and Lunatic Calm's "job" to know...

Waaargh
12-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Thanks for clarifying.

Thanks for the answer, guys :)