PDA

View Full Version : Does Espionage grant an additional attack?

HannibalTheGreat
03-14-2010, 03:47 AM
Hi all,

I´m wondering about the Espionage rule. If Espionage is used, friendly models/units in the command range of the model using Espionage "can immediately make a full advance and a normal attack."

Well, does this allow the following:

I activate my entire army, charging, moving, attacking,... what so ever, then activate my model that´s using Espionage. May I then activate the models/units which already activated that turn making an additional attack?

For example, I charge with a unit of Forgeguard, slaying some models. Then using Espionage on Anastasia. May the Forgeguard still make an additional attack?

And if yes, what´s with ranged attacks? Does the RoF rule still apply?

Thanks

Hannibal

Hjelmen0
03-14-2010, 03:53 AM
It does what it says on the tin. When Espionage is used, each and every model/unit within Anastasia's command area can move up to their SPD in inches and make one normal attack. Note that Espionage doesn't specify ranged or melee attacks, it's just one normal attack.

Whether or not a model has activated prior to being affected by Espionage is irrelevant. Affected models move and attack.

RoF only applies during a model's activation, so that is not an issue with Espionage.

EDIT: Don't forget the stipulation that an enemy warcaster must be within 5" and LoS of Anastasia for Espionage to be used.

HannibalTheGreat
03-14-2010, 04:56 AM
EDIT: Don't forget the stipulation that an enemy warcaster must be within 5" and LoS of Anastasia for Espionage to be used.
Yeah, I know this! Thanks for clarification.

It seems to be very strong to me! With Gorton´s feat there shouldn´t be major problems getting LoS to an enemy caster...

HTG

Brandubh
03-14-2010, 05:09 AM
Yeah, I know this! Thanks for clarification.

It seems to be very strong to me! With Gorton´s feat there shouldn´t be major problems getting LoS to an enemy caster...

HTG

It is a very strong ability...but your opponents will quickly learn to keep their caster back from your lines so that Ana can't pull it off close to your own models.

One more quick note: Espionage doesn't say who has to be the target of the attack...so you could attack any model with it.