PDA

View Full Version : Sentry

Xir
03-15-2010, 08:02 AM
I played a Khador player the other day and he cast Sentry on his mortar team. He waited until I moved a particular unit and then took his shot. However, he targeted a unit that had not moved or anything. Is this legal? I thought Sentry required him to shoot at the unit that activates the ability.

Aeon
03-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Sentry:When an enemy model advances and ends its movement in the LOS of a target friendly Faction model, the affected model can immediately make one normal ranged attack, then Sentry expires.

The spell doesn't specify that you have to target the model which triggered Sentry, therefore it is legal to target whatever model he could otherwise legally target.

Col_Festus
03-15-2010, 08:06 AM
From my understanding the wording is that it doesn't need to fire at the unit moving. Although I'll have to read the exact wording once I get home from work.

edit: Aeon beat me!

Weaselcreature
03-15-2010, 08:07 AM
And there's this same question on the front page here already, just scroll down. The answer there was the same.

Xir
03-15-2010, 08:09 AM
And there's this same question on the front page here already, just scroll down. The answer there was the same.

Ah I didn't see it.