PDA

View Full Version : Models spawned from abilities/feats but not represented on the table?

BergerFett
03-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Is there a specific rule (please include a reference) for this situation:

I play legion and own 15incubi. lets say I play Kallus's tier with 45+ models. I feat and and my opponent kills 18 models. As I only own 15 incubi am I SoL for the other 3? Is it acceptable for you to mark a non-incubi model and do a "counts as"?

Same situation when tartarus threshes a unit and the player does not own enough banes. does that mean he does not create them?

Did some searching could not find an answer. Do not expect to see this a lot but as I start to run events I want to be aware of it incase it comes up.

solkan
03-12-2013, 03:48 PM
As far as the rules of the game are concerned, you could be playing on Vassal without using any physical models. :-/

If you're playing at a tournament or event, the rules for the tournament or event may say otherwise. (And the Steamroller event rules do say otherwise...)

Mr. Golden Deal
03-12-2013, 03:56 PM
I don't think there's necessarily wrong with doing that in casual play by the rules, but the Steamroller prohibition on proxies and alternate models would probably stop this.

malfred
03-12-2013, 04:01 PM
In the SR document, the miniature must be fully assembled.

Michael
03-12-2013, 04:04 PM
During a casual game, you should discuss it with your opponent beforehand.

In a tournament setting, it is up to you to bring all of the appropriate models for your army. See the 2013 Steamroller Rules for reference:

... Players participating in a Steamroller 2013 (SR2013) event must bring all their own models, stat cards, dice, measuring devices, markers, and templates they require for play. ...

Emphasis mine.

However, the final ruling is up to the tournament organizer. As a player, though, I can tell you that it becomes rather confusing when somebody with an army of Mechanithralls and Bane knights suddenly starts putting different models into play while saying "This Mechanithrall is a Bane Knight, but don't get it confused with the other 20 Mechanithralls nearby, who are actually Mechanithralls."

I'd wager to say that in major, national-level tournaments, if you don't physically have the models to place on the table, you simply don't get them in play.

Wishing
03-12-2013, 04:17 PM
I agree that if you're in a tournament where people travel from far away to play, most likely you'd be required to bring and use the official model for any model you're trying to put on the table, regardless of how or why you are trying to put it on the table.

Shadow37
03-13-2013, 06:43 AM
When in doubt, consult the tournament organizer. He/She should always have final say regarding the event.

Valander
03-13-2013, 08:18 AM
Generally speaking, you will need the appropriate models. But, as mentioned, check with your event organizer.